Open to: current students, or students between bachelors and masters degrees
Remuneration: EUR 250-per-month contribution to living expenses for those not receiving a scholarship for their internship.
The Global Public Policy Institute (GPPi) is an independent non-profit think tank based in Berlin. Its mission is to improve global governance through research, policy advice and debate. GPPi runs a small, highly selective internship program for current students, or students between bachelors and masters degrees, interested in gaining first-hand experience in public policy research and consulting. GPPi does its best to match the qualifications and interests of our interns with research, advisory and dialogue projects to which they can contribute most. Depending on their background and interests, GPPi interns will contribute to one of our issue areas:
- Humanitarian Action: accepting applications for mid-November 2015 and beyond;
- Rising Powers: accepting applications for June 2016 and beyond;
- Innovation in Development: accepting applications for April 2016 and beyond;
- Peace & Security: accepting applications from February to May 2016, as well as from October 2016 onward;
- Human Rights: accepting applications for April 2016 and beyond;
- Global Internet Politics: accepting applications for February 2016 and beyond;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: not accepting applications at this time.
The minimum duration is six weeks of full-time working hours or alternatively ten weeks part-time (minimum 2-3 days per week). Please indicate when you would be available.
Internships are open to current students, or students between bachelors and masters degrees. Candidates must be highly motivated to work independently in a demanding environment that requires excellent research and analysis as well as project management skills. Candidates must be proficient in both oral and written English.
Internships are based in the Berlin office. GPPi can pay a EUR 250-per-month contribution to living expenses for those not receiving a scholarship for their internship.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is ongoing depending on specific area (see Description above). To apply please send an email to email@example.com and include a copy of your CV with a brief statement of purpose outlining what you expect from an internship and what you would bring to GPPi. Shortlisted candidates will be asked for writing samples.
For more information please visit the official website.