Paid INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 2017 at AfDB
Deadline Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2017
- Organization: AfDB – African Development Bank
- Country: Cote d’Ivoire
- City: Abidjan
It is a great opportunity to start a career in international development.
– Currently enrolled in a Masters programme or recently graduated (max. 1 year ago).
– Min. 18 years, max 30 years of age
– Available to intern from July to December 2017
– A citizen of one of the AfDB’s member countries
– Fluent in English or French
The AfDB is looking for interns in multiple disciplines, from Gender to Renewable Energy, Finance and more. Look through the info below for the full list. Participants in the internship program are selected on a competitive basis, based on business needs of the Bank.
This is truly a rare opportunity for fresh graduates, so grab this chance and apply!
|The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Terms and conditions :
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centres.
- Timeline for the 2017 Program :
- Summer – Session: July through December 2017.
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’s two working languages (English or French).
Strategic Focus areas:
The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas are aligned to the Bank’s Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy. In addition to the fields that are in the job families of the Bank, focus will be on the following areas:
- Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth;
- Agriculture, Human and Social Development;
- Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization;
- Economy, Statistics;
- Governance and knowledge Management
- Human Resources and Corporates Services: IT, Language Services, General Service a& Procurement, HR Management
- Audit, Anti-corruption
- Communication & External Relations
- Public Relations
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for the Programme will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. http://www.afdb.org
The African Development Bank Group does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever .
Deadline Date: Ongoing
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Open to: young people between 18 and 35 years old from all over the world
Do you like new challenges? Do you like to travel? Are you motivated to work in an international team? Are you unafraid of working on many projects at the same time?
For more information please visit Become a Youth Peace Ambassador!